11 December 2007

Whaling

Unsurprisingly I'm against the Japanese scientific whaling. Mainly as after the labwork (?!) it ends up on dinner plates. Riiighhhttt...
While reading the DomPost this morning the following solution occurred to me.
So the Japanese believe they can kill 50 whales a year for research, which in no way can be justified from a scientific viewpoint. Why not allow scientific hunting of Japanese to an equal weight each year for 'research purposes'. Even I'd be keen for a bit of human flesh for research.

Gentlemen, get your guns, harpoons, and slicing n dicing implements.
b x

4 comments:

Chris said...

Actually, they have trouble selling the meat, the only real market is the older generation who remember it from the war. And that's a shrinking market. At one point they were putting it in pet food...

Sphenodon said...

For the love of god Chris, you are *supposed* to be drunk.
And yeah I realise the market is shrinking, but my plan has the added advantage of shrinking it a lot quicker.

Amanda said...

Good point, B. I think we should extend your logic and declare open season on everyone who isn't a vegetarian. Probably first against the wall, or for the barbecue, should be those who have issues with people eating whale meat but no problem with eating cows and pigs for I find such people very...[how to put this tactfully?] peculiar;)

Scarlet Dux said...

mtnw - would you have B up against a wall? Because I know him to indulge in fishie flesh regularly and v v rarely the odd piece of salami. Hehehe B up against the wall....


S.