21 February 2010

Holiday !!!

Some aspects of the British working life are good (if silly). I've been here all of 5 minutes and my boss says I have to use up my holidays - all 20 days of them - before the end of April. WTF. Oh well, if you insist sir. This coincided nicely with the lovely A-team gallivanting in safa land, so we're down in London for a week.

In true holiday style : flu, missed train, rain. I even had a day off last week thanks to the cold. Awesome. For those of you suspecting this is simply a case of man-flu, I've had no booze since Tuesday night. Admittedly I'm wondering cause/effect here too... Train was fine, lied a little, turned on my charm and got through it. See I have charm :) The ticket counter wench was unhelpful but charm won over the train chickybabe.

But I've discovered I'm about 20-25 minutes from the St Peter's Brewery pub and the SMWS London rooms. Huzzah for well placed A-team residences.
The V and A today methinks, current exhibitions here (the gothic one, digital art, and met forgeries look good).

With love and stuffy headedness, me xxx

No comments: