23 October 2010

Gigs - Mumford and Sons

Paul and I rocked along to Mumford and Sons the other week, mainly as they were playing in Nottingham and we could drink beer.
The two support bands were good. First up were Matthew and the Atlas (apparently). Kinda hippie, kinda alt rock. Recommended, or at least keep an eye on them.


They didn't have any EPs available, but I might track one down later.

Next up were Johnny Flynn, who I thoroughly enjoyed. I dunno alt-pop? I picked up the new album and have to admit, it's pretty damn good. Being the sucked I am, I did get the 2CD version, but it's thoroughly enjoyable and on the album, the band aren't as frenetic as they were on stage. That was more the result of having a short time on stage, I guess.


Mumford and Sons were disappointing. The couple of tracks I'd heard previously were encouraging, but really they don't do anything new. Even less than recent Keane or Snow Patrol, with whom I guess they'd share a significant audience. There isn't any variation between tracks, and even the new stuff which they were premiering, wasn't any different. We lasted an hour, then wandered off.
Here's the debut single (doubling as the album, if I were cynical).


B

No comments: