28 October 2010

slightly pisht post

Well it is Thursday night, which is music night. And it's been an interesting week at work, with two competing job offers. I've tried to play reasonably dumb and innocent for both of them. Which has created no end of consternation. *Result*

So Music Night, what got hit?
Started with the Steven Wilson music doco 'Insurgentes' which i thoroughly enjoyed. It's dark, it's artistic, and I do love Lasse Hoile's design work. Basically it's a 75min rant against the modern music industry, but from a interesting and lucid perspective. Worth a spin. I felt it lost its way near the end, but still recommended.


Enjoyed the bonus disk from the DVD (CD of an unreleased track).

Then onto Pure Reason Revolution DVD which came with the new album, Hammer and Anvil. They started out as a cheesy prog band, but appear to have turned into a mix of prog, Depeche Mode and possibly Prodigy - but all in a good way. I would definitely recommend the new album. The DVD is mainly second album stuff, and is not essential. Actually it was kinda crap. But good enough I may buy the second album. Damnit.



Decided to stick to the DVD theme, and went for IQ live in 2007. Chose about 6 tracks from this then moved Queen 'Sheer Heart Attack' on vinyl. I really love early Queen. Actually I love all era's of Queen, but the visceral passion of the first three albums always works for me. I'm lucky enough to have the Complete Works on vinyl, which is, to quote the Fast Show, nice.




Booze: pint of ginger beer; pint of bitter and twisted (harviestoun); bottle of Spanish red (meh); and now Glenfarclas 105.

Oh bugger, guess I should put some vids in.

No comments: