5 April 2008

Reptiles, the Wahine, and anything else I can think of

Heh I forgot daylight saving ended this morning, but as a plus it means I've been incredibly productive and it's only 1045am.

I watched the first two episodes of the David Attenborough/BBC doco series 'Life in Cold Blood' - all about reptiles. It's like reptile p0rn. Actually it is reptile p0rn, and amphibian p0rn, it's herp heaven! Readers of the blog may remember the golden frog that waved? Well that's in the second episode - it's sooooo cute. And the chameleon's? Awwww I want one!!! Sorry, need to find tissues now...

The Wahine disaster has been dominating the DomPost recently. Or rather the 40th anniversary of the sinking. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm bored to death with it. I can't see how it was a defining moment in the development of NZ as a nation (as can be argued for Chanuk Bair). Am I missing something here? And really, is 40 years a good number to celebrate? I have my doubts about CBair too, it seems to be celebrated for introducing the world to the taciturn emo stunted NZ bloke. Choice.

oh well, I have wrestling to watch this afternoon which promises to be excellent (Wrestlemania 24). The lads, the beer, the cheese, the grapes, the men-in-tights man-handling each other!

me xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait till you get to the worm thing that lets its babies eat its skin. Kewl. And apparently the first time it's been discovered and filmed too.

David Attenburgh rocks.

Pachyderm said...

I can't imagine the world without David Attenborough. I saw an elephant give birth on a DA doco once - go elephants! And then there is "dungcam" and "logview" - they disguised cameras to look like dried elephant dung and an old log, and let the elephants pick up the cameras and do the filming. Very very cool (and quite artistic!) - one super pachyderm even filmed a lioness teaching her very tiny cubs what to do with a piece of meat. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

So are you saying "down with the Wahine?"

(sorry, couldn't resist)
J