20 December 2008

Beer Report : Weekend edition

It's been awhile between reports, if not awhile between drinks. I think we can put that down to nothing exciting has gone down the gullet - aside from a 2003 Thomas Hardy. But I've already raved about the beauty of that beer.

Today I'm sipping the new Mata drop, Feijoa. It's a very crisp lager, very 'dry', strong feijoa nose, seems to have low hop content. Sweetness of the feijoa cuts through the dryness of the lager, there's no notes on their webpage so can't give any notes on what hops were used. I'm liking it, its not as sweet as the Monteiths Radler and is quite quaffable. I sense it could work very very well with BBQs. I should investigate it more. Sadly it seems hard to find, but the ol faithful, Regional, has it...

I appear to be a blogging machine today...

b

No comments: