16 December 2012

Interviews at Work

We had an internal vacancy at work, which I felt i should apply for - admittedly on the understanding that I'd be filling in space as the role was set up for someone else.

Anyway, the day turned out to be amusing. I walked in, as I usually do, it was cold but not freezing (been kinda mild this winter, so far). I got about 40 mins in, and discovered my bag and unzipped itself and my shirt had made a break for it.

So I turned around and pottered back (25min) to find my shirt. It looked ok, so I figured it was *slightly* closer to work than home, so turned around and headed back the way I'd been/gone already.
The walk to work took about 1h45, as opposed to the usual 50-55min.
Things were looking good.

I had a shower, put on the shirt, the tie, and approached the mirror to adjust the tie. A brown, mud looking mark, was visible on my shirt. CockityBollox. But aha, if I kept my left arm still, I could hide the mark. Result!!!

Those of you who know my talking style, know I wave my hands, those who have been lectured/tutored by me, know its even worse then...
So basically, I went for a Stroke Victim look, rather than my standard Gay Expressionalism. This worked, and hopefully didnt look too odd.

Presentation went well, managed to get my points across well - I thought so anyway. And the questions seemed intelligent, suggesting I had managed to get things across.

Didn't get the role. No surprise there. Oh well.

Me x

No comments: