8 December 2013

SMWS tasting 3.212

Yeah, bit of a while between drinks - there's some recipes coming, and possibly some quick reviews of recent holidays. maybe. well probably for the recipes.

But upon my return from holiday the lovely chaps at SMWS had sent me a sample to review - based on a taste survey I'd done with them.
People send me free single malts? yep, I can get used to that.

Anyone else is more than welcome to send booze for review, I can even organise a tasting panel (or cabal, as we prefer) ...

SMWS 3.212 'Anti-aphrodisiac' 19yo 55.7%

Nose: pine, phenol, salt, coastal flavour, prickly, old wet socks
Palate: warm manuka honey, aniseed, full mouthfeel, complex, tingly tongue
Finish: med-long

I'd happily give it a 8/10, and happily buy a bottle (which I note, I still can...hmmm)

addition of water gave:
Nose: flatter, pine, bourbon, old wet socks
Palate: smooth flavour, lighter, salty
Finish:  med-short
6/10 Avoid water.

It's good at cask, but avoid water, it doesn't like it. Very quaffable with water, but not interesting.

Love, B

No comments: