19 December 2007

Food Mojo


Is my mojo back? Admittedly this post comes from a slightly inebriated B, due to a champagne, strawberries and cake for Adelie Penguin's birthday. There's something very right about drinking two bottles of booze before 9am, and then bowling along to a meeting at 9am.

But in the last few days I've actually done some cooking. This is surprising as I've been very much out of sorts with cooking and have had no interest in it wotsoever.

So after Jos invited me over for tea, and said I could do the main and it would involve 'mushrooms' I came up with the following:
* brown rice and a thai (ish) sauce flicked through it
* mushroom, red wine, ricotta and spinach pies
* shiitake mushroom polenta fritters with feta and salad drapped over them

Last night I made a cake for the birthday booze-up this morning, a roast strawberry cake where the strawberries and roasted for about 25mins with balsamic vinegar and icing sugar and dumped in and over a lemon-ish cake.

I also made a nice and hot fish tortilla (also from the current Cuisine). Could have done with being a bit hotter as I pulled back on the chilly a little, but the salsa was pretty much perfect! Made me reach for a lager. And that's never a bad thing.

I wonder if I'll get a small hangover around lunchtime? Might drive back to a pub. Mmmm pub.

B xx

3 comments:

Chris said...

Roasted strawberries... that looks damn tasty.

Pachyderm said...

I'm sensing a theme through the last few posts - scotch, beer, drunken strawberries, pub.....

Scarlet Dux said...

beer ok, drunken strawberries were yummy - needed beer to stop serious burning going on in my throat and mouth from the salsa - yummy tho'

S.