6 June 2008

Gigs

Well top marks to the Salmond lad for his sense of timing - oh and to Alex as well :)
Whilst over in the UK for their forthcoming nuptials I shall get to see:
* Spocks Beard - supported by Frost*
big ups to the Psychochicken for organising that and I get to have a couple of beers with the chicken and HippyDave, who I haven't seen for a long time.
* The Pineapple Thief
ups to HairyPatrick for organising that one. One of my favourite bands, and new album, Tightly Unwound, could quite easily be my album of the year. For anyone who hasn't heard them which is most of you, think Coldplay but with originality.
* Tom Waits
Thanks to the Salmond lad himself for this one I cannot overestimate how pants burstingly exciting this is. Waits has been on my 'must-see' list for years, but I'd pretty much given up seeing him - as he hardly ever tours, and never to my neck of the woods. So I get to drink beer in Dublin and then meander to a gig by Tom. Woohoo.

there's a chance I'll get to see Marillion as well, but I'm less worried about that, as Ive seen them a few times now.

Otherwise I'll sink some beer and see what else I can find to listen to. I'm hoping a trip can be organised to the whisky society (go on N ...!!!).

Having the day off with the flu so I've been listening to music all day, currently have Frans' Rogues Gallery on (thank god for the internet). Thinking about dinner now, although might just quit on cooking and have some fruit salad. Tasty!!!

I probably shouldn't have some whisky, but the temptation is certainly there. For health reasons of course...

me

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am very jealous that you are getting to see Tom- very, very jealous indeed.

Scarlet Dux said...

I'm not - I'll be there with him and in a naff turn of events may even get a t-shirt :-p