17 June 2008

Lets have a positive blog - food and beer

I was going to rant about what a pain in the ass I am currently. But those of you who know me will already know that, so let's go for a positive spin. I apologise for the copious amount of offence I'm currently causing.

I decided not to do any work this evening after realising during a phone call from S that I'm in no frame of mind for anything.

So dinner tonight consisted of paua, green tea soba noodles, kiwifruit and dressing which I stole from the Sunday Star Times. The recipe went something like: cut crap off paua, rub off most of the black and chop very finely, cook noodles, drain, rinse in cold water, flick sesame oil through noodles. Peel and thinly slice kiwifruit and dump on top of noodles. Mix lemon juice and soy sauce. Fry paua in soya oil (hot) until slightly brown. Dump on top of noodle + kiwifruit mix, dribble sauce over. Eat.

I washed it down with a very very good Indian Pale Ale from Three Boys. Very refreshing, strong citrus notes from the hops, lovely after taste tang. I could drink this stuff a lot. Very refreshing summer drink, even if it frickin freezing out there.

In a tip o the that to the prog-brigade, I'm watching the DVD to Trick of the Tail.

Hahaha a friend just pointed out if I'm having beer then it won't be soba noodles. Thats awesome!

me.

No comments: