2 November 2008

Sunday

I'm managing to avoid doing anything today. I did get out of bed, but only to make coffee and lie in the sun.

I have done washing, I've listed some CDs on trademe. Thought seriously about finishing cleaning the house. Read the paper, read some Watchmen (been awhile so thought I'd re-read it), and watching a couple more episodes of the new Alan Ball programme True Blood. It's got Anna Paquin in a southern gothic vampire love murder story. I like it a lot. Quirky, dark and seems to nail southern gothic very nicely. Worth a watch, and the theme song is great (see below).

I was going to do the scotch and beer blog, but I seem to have my lists of what I've drunk recently on my desk at work, and that would involve moving. So you ain't getting that.

Anyone got any new music I should check out? I'm like the Jace Everett theme from True Blood, the new Bloodbath album is kicking the right metal notes, new Jolie Holland seems good, but I'm in the mood for something different. Go on, surprise me...

No comments: