15 October 2007

iCal and Google Calendar

Hi all, I'd like some help from those of you who understand what I'm talking about.
I use iCal for my main calendar program, but it's not always convenient to bring my laptop into work each day. So I need a way to have access to the calendar. It strikes me that using Google Calendar would be the easiest way given I use GMail.

So any recommendations for this?


Solutions I've found:
Subscribing to a GCal - Problem with this is that it doesn't allow synching both ways - which I need.
GCALDaemon - it looks scary!! I did start trying to us it, but it's tricky and I gave up, cos I'm shockingly lazy. No really. I am!
SpanningSync - Ok so it costs $25US a year (or $65 for a perpetal licence), but it's the one I'm testing at hte moment. And it works very nicely.
GSync - also does much the same.

So anyone used any of these? Other ideas? Remember I need to synch both ways.

I also heard rumours that 10.5 has this built in, anyone heard anything?

b x

1 comment:

Chris said...

Is there some reason you can't use Google Calendar at home and work, and ditch the syncing issue?

Or get an account on a world-accesible server... I thought you had "da power"? Have they taken it away from you?

Chris