23 October 2007

Ngauranga & Effluent

Please note the ampersand between those two. I was sitting on the train and noticed the weird contraption next to the Ngauranga station, labelling on it says it's a place for dumping effluent from stock trucks and mobile homes. I never knew these things existed, and there's one I ride past. Exciting!!
Other interesting facts about Ngauranga. There's a boat carcass up there somewhere, probably around the lights. I read something in the DomPost some time ago about it - it was on the beach front, but that got lifted during the big quake. Some guy in Wgtn had been trying to find it for sometime. I think that kinda thing is cool, I often think I'd have liked to have been a historian, or at least done more local history. I really enjoy Peter Kitchin's columns each week in the Sat paper.

All those thoughts were inspired by the absolutely wonderful album, Up by Peter Gabriel. If push came to shove I think that album would make it on my top10. Ever. And I don't like early Genesis. It constantly disturbs me how many ppl presume I like early Genesis and Yes, and I gave up trying to explain the concept of 'neo-prog' to them. Sticking to 'I like Radiohead' seems to work better.

Love, B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done - most Wellingtonians consider Ngaraunga a day trip. Did you pack a lunch? Change your money? Did you get a visa stamp at the Thorndon check-point?

(inside voice, inside voice)
DH + TLP

Anonymous said...

Nah - he's in the Valley now. We Valley people know that there's a world on the other side of the harbour....

R

Scarlet Dux said...

He's not a local anymore...

S.

Anonymous said...

He's not in Kansas any more Toto.
J

Scarlet Dux said...

But he still has the pretty sparkly red shoes but the batteries ran out so he's stuck - oh no! Who will save him?