30 October 2007

Stardust

Suz and I wandered along to Stardust last night - the movie adaptation of the Neil Gaiman book. I'm sure there are masses of reviews out so mine's a vibe based review. I liked it. A lot. It stuck pretty much to the story (as I remember it anyway) and it's a fun movie. The cameo's are excellent - and thankfully Gervais isn't in it too much - de Niro is by far and away the highlight of the movie. His timing is wonderful, and worth the price of admission alone.

I'd have liked to have seen more asides from the rapidly increasing ghost contingent, as they were pretty special. I enjoyed the pacing of the movie which certainly isn't hurried, but meanders along nicely. The one complaint is that the music wasn't the best, seemed a bit too repetitive.

I can see this becoming a bit of a cult classic, kinda like Princess Bride. Definitely recommended.

B.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Very much shades of the Princess Bride. Now there's a movie I need to watch again.

Anonymous said...

We went last night too. Agree with all of that, wondered why they had Gervais playing Martin Freeman, but then was glad when he got toasted.

N