15 May 2009

Signs of the Apocalypse are trekking on

For all of those I presume I'm a geek, here's my strongest defence: I don't like Star Wars or Star Trek. With a couple of qualifiers, Empire is good, and the original Trek TV series was fun.
So it was with some trepidation I went along to the new Trek movie. It was at the Embassy which was one selling point, the other was JJ Abrams, I'm enjoying Fringe and everyone else seems to like Lost (which thus far I've managed to miss).

Hey it was good. Really good. Funny, intelligent, character driven, nice touches and tributes to the original TV series.

Recommended, good solid 7 or maybe even 8 /10.

Sadly i can't make any jokes like the wrath of khan (no wonder he was pissed, he read the script...).

Best trek line ever? Actually from the documentary Star Woids (which in itself is recommended): Make Trek Not War.
Awesome.

Back to my nice rose (Crab Tree Winery) which went very well with a hot spicy asian dish I made from crap in my cupboard - I have an adorable habit of wandering asian supermarkets and buying stuff I have no idea wot it's for.

b.

No comments: