19 November 2009

Cooking with Bruce

Continuing the occasional series of Cooking with Bruce, this time more Italian. I like Italian for the simplicity, speed, and focus on a limited number of ingredients - to emphasise the flavours from each of them.

Tues night I'd gone for an over the top Macaroni cheese, like utterly over the top. Cream, buffalo mozzarella, more cheese, some more cheese, superb. Although I felt a little, well ok a lot, bloated by the end of it.

Last night I went for simplicity, a fettucine and ricotta dish. It was derived from this, but due to my usual cooking style this is what it actually was:
Fettucine - although I didn't quite cook it for long enough which I spanked myself over later

Cook three shallots in about 2T olive oil with chilli and medium heat until nice and soft, dump in some pinenuts to soften them, throw in 200gm (or however much you've got) ricotta, salt, pepper, squeeze juice from half a lemon. Throw in cooked fettucine, serve with parmesan.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.

Me x

No comments: