4 February 2010

Inaugural Thursday Night Music Club

I was missing my Monday fortnightly lad meet-up, and my weekly Thursday night music quiz (beer drinking). And so following suggestions of others, I've set aside Thursday night for beer, cheese, whisky and music.

The inaugural session has opened with Roger Waters 'In the Flesh DVD' and Brewdogs Punk IPA, which is a big big hopped to buggery IPA. Great stuff. Go drink it.

I got a Talk Talk 12" 'Today' for the princely sum of about a 1.50 quid. That may get spun between the two big guns, as I'm intending to follow Lord Rog with Marillion's Essence on vinyl. The PsychoChook assures us all it's a brilliant mix, so given it's a pretty chilled album, I'll be sipping a downbeat highland whisky methinks.

Back to Roger. And sad bastard that I am, I'm playing In the Flesh on itunes at the moment, just for Last.Fm goodness.

B

1 comment:

GB said...

Mmmmm, there ain't so much beer drinking at music quiz since you've been gone : ( (though I've upped my booze intake rapidly in the last week due to external circumstances!). Plus since quiz started back, we have come 4th every time so looks like we're taking a break to spend some time quietly reflecting on why we are not "our former supreme selves". Our beloved team leader decreed today that she will be spending Thursday night sewing for the next while rather than quizzing (that says it all really!) We miss you!