3 February 2011

6 nations 2011 - predictions

It's 6 nations time again, and given this is the only rugby I get on free to air, I kinda have to watch it.

Also it's a good warm up for the Super14.

So predictions for this year? Hell, why not.

England: did look good in the Winter series, but are missing a few key players through injury. Could struggle up front, backline looks good.

Ireland: I don't think they can be counted as contenders. As much as O'D is a legend and still brilliant, I think their forwards will struggle with the pace - as they did against the ABs.

Scotland: My pick as the dark horses. Aside from the massacre by the ABs they've looked good, and play as a team. I really like the vision shown by their first-five.

Wales: Wins on the wind-up every stakes, go Warren G !!! You da man. Aside from that, not much that I can see to get excited about.

France: have looked crap. really crap. Directionless leadership from the coach hasn't helped. But for all that, France were the form side last year, and that should count for something. Does it?

Italy: they make good pasta, and the fans are hot.

So picks? 6-Italy, 5-Ireland, 4-Wales. Scotland I'm picking as 1 or 2. England and France can fight out 1 and 3. Bit of bet hedging there, but I'll sort out my picks after the first round, once I've seen the teams.

B.

No comments: