17 April 2011

A recap of the last few days

Before I start, there are no guarantees this is, in any way, interesting. But it is, generally, true.

Just been for a nice bike ride, down through Belton, Diseworth (a cockney query?), and back around via Long Whatton and Hathern to home. Lots of hills, sun, nice views, etc. Those four villages are all pretty (Diseworth and Long Whatton in particular), showing up the dilapidated village we're in. Sigh. There were more small hills than I expected, whcih was good. For those playing at home...

View Larger Map

My pot plant (basil, coriander, parsley, not actual pot) exercise is causing daily excitement, after an initially disappointing start. What do you mean they aren't visible after a day, rubbish! Anyway, I now have all three herbs poking their little shoots through the dirt. The two almost dead plants I had (basil and parsley) are now resuscitated. It's all go in my world.

We went for a walk down to Belton (you'll see it onthe map above) yesterday as I was being dragged around gardens. WTF? In S's defence, she turned out to be not quite so keen, so we wandered around three (owners in Belton were opening their gardens to the public), then hit the pub for lunch. We quite like the Queen's Head for food, although I'd recommend their restaurant food over their pub counter stuff. The pub counter food is a bit pricey for what you get, and wasn't that good. They usually have a couple of local ales on, sadly the Belvoir Brewery ale had finished, so I was stuck with Pedigree. Somehow I coped.

Highlight of the news watch this week: courtesy of the Observer, "An 'unfortunate juxtaposition; has caused a few red faces at Clear Channel, the billboard company which placed an advert for the zombie TV show [The Walking Dead] on the side of a funeral parlour in Consett, Country Durham. It has now been removed'.

We've been watching a number of movies too,but they may get their own blog later.

me

No comments: