30 June 2011

Call me, call me anything

I think I need a new phone. My now very elderly iPhone 3G is beginning to die. And the mute function has stopped working. Sadly it's stopped working on the noise, rather than mute, side. I can turn the ringer down, but it's just not the same as having a nicely vibrating phone in the pants. So to speak.

So my options.
iPhone 4: although it's getting old in terms of hardware, it does integrate nicely with my existing mac platform and I won't lose the (few) applications I've paid for.

Samsung Galaxy S2: quite keen on this one, would be swopping to Android, but it's a pretty phone. It's also had great reviews. And from a quick look all of the apps I've been using on the iphone are replicated on Android.

HTC Sensation: I think it's that one anyway, has had reasonable revie3ws, but seems to be second to the Galaxy S2.

Anything else I should be considering? Any comments on the three above?

Oh more info: I'm likely to be buying the phone outright, and stick with pay as you go, mainly as I don't use the phone/text function enough to really need a contract - it's pretty much emails and web for me sonny jim.

So, any suggestions?

b

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you go for android, consider the Nexus S.

I know it's lower spec, but the system software updates will come out right away. HTC and Samsung, you need to wait until they port their custom UI over as well.

That all goes out the window if you plan to root it and put something custom on, of course.