11 March 2008

A part of me is lost

In the same way that women cultivate relationships with their hairdressers, so I cultivated a relationship with my barista. He knew me, knew my foibles, knew my habits, my loves. We had it all.

And now it's gone. My beloved barista has been gradually ruining the relationship, first changing to a roaster I'm not keen on, and then the quality of his coffee sank. To the point where I sent two back. At that stage I saw no future for our relationship.

I can't say I'd been faithful. I often went to Deluxe and had been flirting with the tall brunette barista at Salem cafe. I'm with him now. He makes me happy.

It was an emotional 5 years, wins in the barista competitions, the highs, the lows the date scones. But everything dies. I'll remember him fondly of course, but it's over.

B.

3 comments:

Chris said...

So, who was the other party in this late lamented relationship? And where did the two of you meet?

Anonymous said...

Wellington does have the greatest coffee on earth, really. One of the things I miss...

Anonymous said...

For once, I understand you. A sad day.

We miss Havana although C4 is shaping up as a premium roaster...

DH + TLP