12 July 2008

Quick updates

Hello dear readers, a quick update on my wanderings. Visited the Tate Britain and enjoyed the Turners, which Neil had been pushing me to see. Turner is rather good at lighting and stuff :D and there is more to his pics than the early boring scenic ones. Enjoyed the Cannaletto as well, but largely prefer the Tate Modern.
Wandered through the Transport Museum which was good, but didn't seem as good as I remember it. It had a major makeover, and reopened the day I left last year. It's nicely laid out, but I think I preferred the more 'cluttered' approach to the organised layout they have now.
Had a fitting for the wedding suit. My god, what a bloody nightmare. The group has places all over the UK to hire suits from, it isn't computerised, and the concept of hiring from one store and returning to another doesn't seem to have occurred to them. As it's all paper based the stores just dont have records of the other store bookings - ya just wanted to smack them into the 20th (let alone 21st) century.
Brunch with Andrew and some friends of his y'day then had a boozy night with Fran last night. Quite day today methinks.

me

No comments: