23 August 2008

Ballet and Beer

Right, a scotch report coming very very soon (like within the hour) but briefly: I went to Romeo and Juliet (Prokofiev score) last week with another brunette. It was great, and excellent stage layout/design. But that's not the point of the post.

The ballet was at the St James, quite a nice venue for ballet/opera (and, oddly, Apple product launches...). And they have a crap selection of beer. I counted four, maybe five types. the best of which, and I struggle with the term 'best', was 'Stella Artois'. Yup, wifebeater was the best beer they had. 
I didn't manage to finish the bottle.

I've done this rant before, but WhyTF can't decent venues realise there is a market for good quality beer? they have a huge wine selection, but I don't necessarily want a glass of wine. On it's own you lose the complexity, as food lifts and adds to wine. Beer can be enjoyed without this, a good beer does stand on its own. I went in really wanting a nice lambic - so I could sit around, read my book, sip something interesting, reasonably light (tasting) and wait for the brunette.

It really pisses me off the arrogant stupidity of places like this. 

No comments: