22 August 2008

Booze report

I'm sure there will be more booze reports from the weekend, but here's a review of the Emersons JP.
I liked it. It is a brown ale with cherry overtones in a Belgian style. Brewed each year as a tribute to late Professor Jean-Pierre Dufour (more info at regional wines), the beer flavour is changed each year.
Others have commented on the winey overtones, and indeed two of my beer lads didn't like it much. Although once they'd realised that it was a brown beer, it made more sense to them.
It is intricate, the flavour is subtle but not insubstantial. The background ale is very good, and having my second bottle in a week, I think it's fair to say I'm enjoying it.

It isn't up to an excellent Belgian, but then again it's not a lambic, and when compared to other brown ale Belgian's it stands up very well.

Go drink it.

No comments: