10 August 2008

The booze report and my job

I have a new job. I'm now a team leader of a disreputable bunch of miscreants masquerading as desktop support personages.
Deciding I needed a meeting with my Senior Mac Desktop chappie led to us having a private chat in a van, on the way to regional wines as we both needed the new Emersons JP (review to follow as I haven't drunk it yet). I picked up a bottle of Timmermans Woudvruchten Fruits de la Foret. Which I'm guessing is Fruits of the Forest, again a lambic. Reddish in colour with a pretty cream-pink head the taste is boysenberry (ish) and reminded me a lot of bubblegum. I liked it a lot. I realise a lot of you ain't as in love with fruit beers as I am, but I'm working on ya...there's a Belgian tasting next month at Regional which I guess I'll drop in to.
Definitely recommend this beer tho, I've only ever seen it at Regional unlike other Timmermans which pop up at most of the New World's these days.

New Zealand Gin: Rich likes his GnT, as do I. Last night I tried the 42below (vodka makers) gin. They make a traditional London dry, which I'm assured is excellent, but we were drinking the SouthGin flavoured with manuka berries and kawakawa leaves. Most superb. Went down a treat. It's not your typical gin, but damn it's tasty. Go drink it.

B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like GnT as well and it is my birthday in 11 days......

michael said...

Congrats on new job. Gin sounds ripper.