19 January 2009

Beer Report : Weekend edition #2

Since it's a long weekend, you get two beer reports.

Regional Wines got a new supply of Belgian beer in, and the Gaz and I ambled down on Thurs to restock my well stocked fridge.
Today we have Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Vielle, you'll know my love of the Oude Geuze style. This one has the typical lambic sourness, which I love, and it's very refreshing. It seems very similar to my usual Oude Geuze that I get. That's good, as it's very hard to get this one in NZ, and if my usual tastes the same - then huzzah ! Very smooth beer, very interesting, and I'd definitely drink much more of this.

I'm typing this while eating strawberries and a timothy taylor landlord ale. It's a fine ale, bitter, dark golden in colour, very hoppy, slightly creamy in taste.

me x

1 comment:

Tomatohead said...

Lucky you. I haven't had this one yet. Beersel is so interesting because both Drei Fonteinen and Oud Beersel are just a few minutes drive from each other there.

Have made the pilgrimage to Drei Fonteinen and it was worth the long journey by public transport.