17 January 2009

Telstra, Networking, TV

I have minions. Generally I like them, today I'm loving one of them. We were chatting about crap TV reception, which I've got, and he asked was I on cable modem. I am, I'm on Telstra. He mentioned if I put a TV splitter in, took the cable coming in as the input, then ran the TV and the cable modem off the splitter, I'd get great TV reception and keep the networking.
He was right.
Things were complicated as my router decided to blow up the other day, actually it was just the power supply, so I replaced that too.

I now have crystal clear TV reception for all channels, this means, hallelujah, I can get back to watching the Daily show on TV (rahter that online), and more importantly, The Steel Mill. Aaaahhhh. bliss. I've done an auto-tune to check stuff, so now I just have to manually redo them but it's all good.

And now, I'm going to watch the next Oz and James, the new QI and relax with some wine or beer.

Enjoy the long weekend!!!

No comments: