11 January 2009

Unexpected gifts


A car stopped next to me. A long haired, lanky, hippie-ish fella poked his head out and said: here, have this.
So big ups to Billy for his gift of a compact cassette (link provided for younger readers).

Various Artists : The Wrestling Album II : Piledriver.
This is scary, it includes vocal performances by many of the artists, apparently there was even an 8 track video tape of this pinnacle of musical talent.

I was, and still am, speechless. I also need to find a tape player so this can be mp3'd for all to enjoy. In the meantime, the cover (Village Person Hulk Hogan) and a couple of the video's (thanks YouTube - although you lot may not agree, check out the intro of the first one, in particuarly the pronunciation of Tchaikovsky, but Mean Gene can rap, kinda; here's a link to 6 of the videos)


But more worrying is Vince McMahon and 'Stand Back', but it's amusing to play spot the wrestler...who knew Jake was a sax player eh?


I think that's enough for tonight.

Love, B

4 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

Man. Hot schoolteachers love Mean Gene.

Anonymous said...

oh. my. god.

MadMacca said...

Fan ... tas ... tic :-)

I need a copy of that tape!

Anonymous said...

Crazy. I had no idea that was the one wrestling album that had never been released on CD. Glad it has found an appreciative home.:)