11 June 2009

Snakes in the Glades!!!

While skimming some herp news stuff, yeah I know, but hey herps are sexy - came across this report about a couple of zoologists who found uber-anaconda last month. This sexy wee house beast is a diminutive 2m wide and 40m long. That's equivalent to around 4 london double-decker buses parked end to end.
Wiki describes this animal as the giant anaconda (mythical).

Sadly there's no supporting evidence yet, and TBH a snake of these proportions is unlikely. As a quick spin around the usual sites suggests.

But, in the spirit of, how cool is that, I want one. I have no idea what I'd do with a 40m anaconda, but i'm sure i'd come up with something. Certainly it could deal with the problem kids at work in a way beneficial to me and snake alike.

B.
(sadly I don't think this qualifies as a Science post)

No comments: