17 June 2009

TV programs

Ahhh the Wire, it really is perfection - just started watching Season 5, Smackers - I can drop the discs over whenever you like...

I've also been watching Lie To Me. Seems to me to have been thought up along the following lines:

hey guys, we need something to compete with House. What's a new situation for a grumpy, socially difficult guy to be in? something vaguely sciencey. ohhh how about facial recognition. Do it !!

So yeah premise isn't too bad, they use micro-expressions to assess how people actually feel about questions- rather than the answers they give. Problem is, it's sooo heavy-handed. The directors have decided every micro-expression needs to be shown to the viewer *many* times, then explained, while showing it again. FFS.
Storylines aren't too bad, but the directing is poor. recommendation: it's mindless background fluff

me x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But then think back to the first season of house my dear man - i watched it again recently omg it was utter drivel apart from the lovely Hugh laurie who is gorgeous. Lie to me may improve....

S