2 August 2009

Beer

Ok, so I've been neglecting the blog a bit recently - that will explained in a post or two later this evening. But in the meantime, a beer review.
Moa 5 hop Winter Ale, I figured it's winter, I like beer, I like hops, and I like the Moa beers I've had. And so a bottle came home with me.
Moa bottle condition their beers, which is never a bad thing. So how does their ale stack up? Nose is hoppy, citrus, cut grass - the usual hop aromas. Apparently the beer will age well, although not in my house...Taste: ale, but not a typical English ale (as suggested by the website), there's too much flavour in there - I suspect it's the Hallertau hops? It's more similar to the wackness the American's brewing at Renaissance are doing. There's a strong hint of the burnt caramel in the aftertaste, and I'm getting a strong cheese flavour. Having said that, I did have some 'pungent' blue this avo', so that maybe cutting in. But it's also not an unusual flavour for a yeasty, hopped ale. so maybe? Strong creamy flavour as the glass warms up - more typical of an ale. As I've drunk more, I don't think it's a blue cheese flavour either.

Overall: superb beer. Go buy some, it's a limited edition. Think of a more complex Epic Ale, less hops more intrigue.

Beers-with-Bruce

No comments: