12 August 2009

The shifting sand solidifies slowly but surely

This blog comes to you from Deluxe. Home away from home for years.

My work permit has been approved and I've got the job offer in writing, so it's been a productive day. All of my gear gets picked up tomorrow morning - which means I'm in Northland writing more freekin' papers for other people while burly men collect my boxes. I mean really, documentation I can understand, but papers? WTF?! It's all my own fault as my doco was always up to date :(

So what does this mean? The permit is on it's way back to NZ (it's been in Canberra, along with my PhD certificate and passport), and should take 5-7 days to get here. That means I should be winging my way to the Midlands late next week (Thurs/Fri I guess).

Woo and hoo, although a large amount of 'WTF' and 'yikes' to that as well.

Off to a whisky tasting tonight, Islay's. Including the Ardbeg Supernova, Bruichladdich PC7, and the Octomore. Salty goodness. Err, not sure I meant that the way it came out...

Love, B

2 comments:

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

Enjoy that good coffee while you can!

Anonymous said...

Yay - rock on thursday -friday!!!! OMFG!!!

S.