8 January 2010

Christopher Lee : ProgGod

found this on Undercover news:


The screen legend - who is best known for starring in several Hammer horror films, including his most famous role as Dracula in the movie of the same name - is bringing out the LP in March and admits he is very excited about the project.
The 87-year-old actor said: 'To my surprise and distinct pleasure I have found there is another string to my bow. My belief is that in March, when this comes out, it’s going to be sensational.
'It’s fascinating for me that at this stage in my life, people are beginning to look upon me as a metal singer.'
The 'symphonic metal' record is entitled 'Charlemagne: By The Sword And The Cross’ and is a concept album which focuses on the story of King Charlemagne, the First Holy Roman Emperor, who reigned in the 8th Century and 9th Century.


edited slightly.
B

2 comments:

Pachyderm said...

I listened to some of this last night (before I read your post!) and yelled "prog" the second I heard it! You obviously taught me something... Sounds a bit like Rick Wakeman's King Arthur album, but more interesting chording. There's short snippets up on the album website.

Could be interesting?

R

Billy said...

What is funniest is that you have No Choice but to buy it. :)