8 January 2010

Ohhh fun times!

Yes I'm sure I should be doing more work on a nightmare spreadsheet, but it's doing my head in. So I'm blogging instead.
Excitement in the officebox today, my minion world order clinic has competition. Some student charity competition organised by Ernst and Young has prompted some 3rd year's to develop a business plan for providing the same service we do for free, but with the added twist of making students pay for it. Quirky. I met with them this morning to hear their proposal and explain that we did all that, but for free. They looked delightfully crestfallen. We are trying to come up with some alternative options for them, but part of me wants to say "bring it on mofo's". Two reasons for that: 1) it will cement my place and provide me with recognised power/budget to implement changes that I want quickly, rather than the glacial rate this place usually does and 2) I suspect my minions would like the challenge and the possibility of fun negative campaigning :D

I suspect responses here are going to revolve around two positions, either: we must work with the students and help them and no negative campaigning, or yes, competition would be healthy, let's do it - and a tacit agreement to aggressive marketing. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter. And I think I'm going to be in luck as we have a contract with a local company who provide hardware support for the clinic, meaning we have to support them. Heehee.
Bring it on.

I've moved on from best-of 2009 lists to funk music and now The Wire soundtrack on Spotify.
Back to the spreadsheet now.

B

No comments: