7 January 2010

More linux geekery

It's a bit cold in the office today, works boiler blew up or died or something, and had to be relit this morning. So it's likely to stay cold for the next couple of days. I've even got a jersey on in the office, which is a first.

Have finished configuring my linux box now, the last bit of which was to get my drives mapping properly. Nothing very difficult, except I couldn't remember the commands :D

The internet came through nicely tho, initially mapping the drive using terminal was done following this website. And when that worked fine, I edited /etc/fstab so the drive was mapped automatically using:
 //server/share /mnt/udrive smbfs credentials=/etc/samba/cred-file,uid=USERNAME,gid=users 0 0
as I'd created a file in /etc/samba called cred-file with my username and password in the format:
username=xxxxx
password=xxxxx

This means I've got networked drives mapping, printing sorted, Pidgin configured, Skype running, and Evolution connecting using IMAP as there isn't an exchange client for 2007 yet.

It's all procrastination from the reading I'm supposed to be doing.
Me

No comments: