29 March 2011

Hathern, not quite a google

I decided a bike ride was in order, having had a reasonably intense beer and music weekend. I'd been intending to visit Hathern, a village that GoogleMaps assured me was 2.7 miles away, so figured it'd be a nice quiet bike ride.
Turned out it's about 5-10 mins bike ride. Pah. Stupid googlemaps.

On the way I discovered that the pissant village of Shepshed has had a plethora of new businesses opening up. We now have a new bakery which looks quite good, we may wander down there in the weekend.
And to keep the BNP (or who-ever) happy, a guns 'n' ammo shop. Yes, I know. It's what I've been missing too.

Hathern, differs from Shepshed, in that's it's pretty. It's smaller than Shepshed, but has (at least) three decent looking pubs. Including one that advertised a 'fine collection on malt whiskies'.
the three I found that looked good were, the Three Crowns, Dewdrop Inn (with whiskies), and The Anchor Inn.
There's not much else to Hathern, a few farm shops, lots of dirt tracks with potholes (woohoo), and a church. I even took a picture of the church, just to excite you lot, and demonstrate that we currently have weather that almost approaches summery. The second pic is my dislike of power lines sorted, and putting a sunset spin on things. Without the actual trouble of taking one at sunset. Heh.

 Love, roving biker B

No comments: