15 January 2007

Happy Feet

Yeah I've got a soft spot for cartoon movies. I enjoyed it. Storyline, as expected, reasonably liberal leftie (live and let live, accept diversity, save planet). The animation was great, and the music selection good (why don't penguins dance to metal? why god, why?). Fun movie.

Oh our internet connection just fell over, neat. Guess that means I'm heading to the lab to do work.

Saw the first 11 episodes of Heroes last week which means its very watchable :-) Gets a thumbs up from me...

me x

3 comments:

Scarlet Dux said...

I like the little Japanese guy who teleports - "I did it!" how cool is that!

S.

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

I like it, but I worry it's gonna go the dithering route of lots of other post-Lost US shows. It's fine when watching them all back to back, but the weekly thing becomes a grind when an episode ends on a cliffhanger, and then the next episode resolves it by posing more questions, if at all.

I'd also argue that there is very little in the way of truly likable characters. Hiro is great, but mainly he carries it on charisma. His friend is pretty cool too. But that's only two people in a sprawling cast.

Sphenodon said...

The Japanese guy pisses me off, he's too cliched. Thankfully I think they realised that and toned him down a bit and cut the cheesy music whenever he's on.
As to mr S's comments: I like the fact there's no really likeable characters, makes a change. I found the cheerleaders approach to road safety highly amusing tho'.
Love, B