30 August 2007

Mac-ery and Movies

There could be a few posts today as I'm working from home. Hopefully the boss ain't reading this :p

Firstly things Mac. My new baby shipped yesterday. She's a Powerbook Pro 15" 2.4ghz.

I would also like to offer big big ups to two programs on the Mac. I've used similar ones on PCs - even written doco on how to use them. But the Mac versions are soooo much easier.
Should one be backing up those home movies from DVD I would recommend:
* Mac the Ripper - to rip the DVD to your harddrive
* HandBrake - to rip the VOB files to avi, divx, mp4, appletv, ipod etc etc

Went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum last night with Suz (another brunette). I'd been a bit slack and have only just seen the first two. Which I thoroughly enjoyed. I suspect the third one might be the best. Interesting style of movie making, most action movies focus on mid-long shots particularly during explosions. The director here focuses closely on the people, the action is almost secondary to the individuals. Sure there isn't much character development, but Matt Damon, aside from being a violent little bugger, does induce levels of empathy. The action is excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yeah I know it's pretty brief review, but it's an action movie. It's good, it delivers. Wot else can I say?!

Love, B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a kiwi cinema moment, we saw Eagle vs Shark last night. It was fun, but odd hearing Phoenix Foundation songs a bit out of context...

New single sounds pretty cool tho'.

Neil