29 August 2007

Telecom are Twats

So the phone account was in Frances' name, and I hadn't bothered changing it - cos they wanted me to pay a disconnect/reconnect fee. Which seemed stupid anyway given it was all coming out of *the same bank account*.

Since I've closed that account I got a final statement saying I was in credit. I rang last night and spoke to a towey bastard called Tahi who said they couldn't pay it back to me, because the account wasn't in my name - and that I'd need to get Estate administrator rights and send them a copy. I pointed out that this was for sums over $11,000 as I'd checked with Public Trust who were (eventually) quite helpful. Tahi the twat refused to put me onto Grant his supervisor. Ahh customer service.

Having dealt with service desks in the past, and their erratic implementation of policy, I rang back today and the lovely chick on the phone sorted it. In less than 5 minutes. Without even asking for anything. Sheesh.

B

No comments: