7 November 2007

TT 06 Nov



Quiet start to the day, managed to bugger my ankle again yesterday - aggravation of the bloody soccer injury. Never had that kind of injury from hockey. No wonder I don't like that poncy big ball kicking thing.
So hobbled off to the supermarket grabbed some rolls, branston pickle, paper and juice to go with my cheese and coffee. Quite a good start to the day all things considered.
Caught up on emails and applied for jobs. All of which took me til about 1230 when I headed to the Grant museum of biology at UCL. Interesting place and had a chat to the curator since I was the only person there. Told him what I worked on and then had a good look at the anapsids, diapsids and the lampreys and lungfish up close. They also had a fossil of a very primitive turtle, or rather a lineage that (probably) led to turtles. I was allowed to take photos as along as I didn't put them up on the web...hmmmm....

Went to a pub for a beer while I worked out what I was up to next. It turned out to be the Science Museum. Looked at the steam engine development and watched the Ocean iMax movie (the Johnny Depp narrated one). The thing that pisses me off about NatGeo movies is the anthropomorphism, and the stupid bloody lines they use. How the fuck are you supposed to learn things when the doco is making cutesy comments. Twats. But I think I might head back there and look at more stuff. And there is a new iMax movie about deep sea monsters...

Caught up with Fran and Kate in the evening. It was cold. But beer put to mind to that. I've got a couple of photos of them which I might put up tomorrow. There was the Liverpool vs some foreign team game on whcih l/pool kicked them 9-0. Everyone else seemed to care far more than we did.

Oh well, off for a shower and to face the day now
love and lollipops, B.

No comments: