20 September 2009

Jedi Guardian



No, not a reference to the alt commentary, but rather the best article in the Guardian today - read while lying around nibbling cheese in a park. It's hell, but I'm ok being the one who has to do it.
Tesco kicked out the founder of the Jedi religion as his hood was up over his head. He claims this was against his religion whcih states he has '...to wear a cover for your head when you are in public.'. Tesco's defence quote is superb: "Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as the one who never removed his hood."

As to the cheese I hear you ask? Shropshire blue, and a strong local cheddar.

Apparently there's a Manchester local derby tomorrow which is getting everyone up in knots, City have had lots of UAEmirates money dumped in them and want to challenge United. I tried hard to follow conversations about this at work. But in the end drifted off and fiddled with myself, which seemed more useful. Actually I didn't, but mentally I certainly was.

So my Sat has been relaxed, picked up the vinyl for Porc Tree's The Incident from the local mail depot (a bit big for my letterbox), and it is - as expected from ToneFloat records - superb. Beautiful, big, perfect. Although without a stereo and record player, it's even more redundant than usual. My CD copy is somewhere in the UK according to the shipping notice I received the other day. Damn this very early pre-ordering for limited editions when I was still in NZ, and had to send it elsewhere in the UK…

Watched the bonus DVD for Mark Knopfler's new album last night, yawn. I might enjoy Mark's music, but engaging tour host of his new studio he is not. Definitely a one-off viewing that. Reminds me I've got the Radiohead second batch of CD/DVD remasters to watch. Could be a plan for tonight. Since I've still got no internet to play with. It's apparently getting closer. Much like the second coming. Even as an atheist, I have more faith in that (heh I should do standup).

B

1 comment:

Pachyderm said...

Haha - never saw that degree of humour in defence from The Warehouse!

Glad to hear all is going well if busy for you bro.

R