3 March 2010

Cooking with Bruce

This was very very tasty, although sadly what I was aiming to take for lunch tomorrow has disappeared. *Shakes fist at who-ever did that*

Spicy Chicken Salad
Chicken bit
Marinate some chicken in the following for at least an hour:
Juice and rind of a lemon, 2T soy sauce, ground black pepper, 1T sweet chilli sauce, 1T oil

Salad bit
Mix chopped springs onions, 2-3 chopped tomatoes, 1T capers, 1-2T salad dressing (I used light french mayonnaise).

Assembly of your masterpiece
In a hot frypan with a bit of oil throw in some green beans (chopped), chopped pepper (and I threw in some leek cos I needed to use it up), chopped courgette, and drained chicken. 
Fry until well cooked, no food poisoning here kiddiwinks.

Serve. Possibly with crusty bread, but I didn't bother. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

love, b

2 comments:

Scott said...

Crispy bread; or my favourite for a dish like this is throwing a handful of crispy noodles into the bottom of the bowl before serving; adds a great texture to the dish!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were vegetarian, B? Or do chickens not count cos they're not real animals? :)