24 March 2010

Metal \m/

Deathstars, think Marilyn Manson/Depeche Mode/Sisters of Mercy/Paradise Lost, and you're most of the way there. So yeah, derivative, but fun.  I've just watched three vids of theirs and liked them, although I do have a soft spot for emo :) Not sure I'll buy an album, but good none-the-less.


I appear to be on an emo metal roll, watched Dead Girls Are Easy (The 69 Eyes), then this, which seems a cut above the usual emo. The singer sounds like he could have some talent live.



It appears Paradise Lost have gotten heavy again - this is for Billy. I do rather like One Second, and I might keep an eye out for the new (2009) album on the strength of this video.

Then kept it real with some Opeth (early stuff, then Porcelain Heart), and Meshuggah. Now there's a band who have improved immensely over the years. Firmly believe the most recent album, ObZen, is by far their best (although Shed and its album comes close). Oh hell, have Bleed....


me.

No comments: