5 March 2010

Good music TV night and Thurs night music

Last night was Thursday night music and feeling all adventurous I went prog-hard. Opened with Steve Hackett's classic Spectral Mornings (buy here from Steve), followed by Peter Gabriel's Scratch My Back (the new album of covers, although this album is so good it shouldn't be tarred with the term covers album) and ended with IQ's Frequency. This is one my favourite albums of last year, and sums up everything that's great about IQ.

Tonight I was aiming to watch some movies, there's a bit of a backlog. But I made the mistake of looking at the BBC4 schedule.
Documentary on Schubert (one of my favourite composers) 90 mins
Heavy Metal Britannia - exploring, well, British heavy metal - narrated by Nigel Planer - 90mins, and if it's half as good as the Synth Britannia, it'll be a winner.
Heavy Metal Britannia at the BBC - bands from the doco in live performances at the BBC (yeah, you might be gathering their titling is quite straightforward).

It's the first time in awhile I've sat down at watched TV for longer than an hour, but it does remind that sometimes TV here gets it right.

Let's not sully this by mentioning 6music eh? Dicks (the BBC, not 6music).

B

No comments: