30 April 2007

Food and Movies and Kitchens

Lets get back to what this blog is all about, food, movies and sex.

First up: Food

I made a really nice spicy Indian soup for the brunette bit last week. It was very 'warming' and I'd recommend some naan bread and dumping some rice in the soup. That's in addition to the raita which is dropped in there anyway.

As Adrian was leaving for more caffeine isolated pastures, and the blonde bit had a birthday recently, and I was free - I decided to go extreme cake baking. Hardcore. Manly. Chocolate overload. And by god, or darwin, or some deity of chocolate, this was over the top. More chocolate than you can waggle a fraggle at. See here for the hazelnut and choc cake. I pretty much stuck to the receipe but ended up using Whittakers 65% and some Lindt 65 or 70% choc as couldn't be bothered finding the Valrhona.

Second: Movies
I spent most of the weekend watching TV programmes and movies. In particular, as it wass my choice, the brunette and I watched Wolf Creek and Hard Candy. Wolf Creek is an average roadtrip horror flick from Aussie. Parts of it are excellent, but in general watch The hitcher and Texas Chainsaw Massacre PtI or DEvils Rejects instead.
Hard Candy is bloody excellent. Manipulative 14 year old meets older photographer on a chatroom and much disturbing action ensues. The 14 yo, whose name escapes me and I'm too lazy to look it up, was an absolutely stunning performance. Really one of the best movies I've seen in some time. Rivetting, tight script, brilliant acting, minimal sets all combined to make the descent into depravity more convincing.

And in todays link, thanks to P-man, Kitchens of the future.

As always, love and happy goblins, B

No comments: