21 May 2007

Idiots

Heh heh who'd have though the scarification thing would provoke such discussion :-)

Anyway in things that are pissing me off, idiots. And two particular types of idiots.
1) cafe queuing idiots. Why is it, in small crowded cafes, people feel the urge to stand in the middle of the thoroughfare, and then look grumpy when others want to get past. For gods sake you dumb bastards you're the dickhead causing the problem, you should be feckin grateful I even asked you to move. I thought I was doing you a favour by not walking straight through you.

2) and in a surprisingly linked topic. Idiots on the footpath. Again standing in the middle of Lambton Quay footpath during rush-hour, why yes you will piss people off. And no, I'm not going to go around you. Oh and lovely people who walk 5 abreast down Lambton Quay, I'm so *not* going to stop for you.

Of course having headphones on (and listening to Palestrina so it wasn't violent music!) meant I couldn't hear any complaints, but I'm guessing I got glared/yelled at.

Dickheads.

B. x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! On a related topic... you can be thankful that on Lambton Quay footpaths most people keep left... In Melbourne people wander all over the place (I blame the European influence) and I end up playing footpath chicken cos people just won't get out of my way and onto their side. Hrmph.

Andrew said...

I'm just used to seeing the footpath (esp. on Lampton Quay) as a series of static obstacles rather than as walking people. Sometimes the footpath billboard things are a worse obstacle (esp. on Lampton Quay), and in a good Wellington wind, they're less static than the pedestrians...