29 May 2007

An interesting day

In the world of Bruce this day has certainly been unusual. I have:
* unleashed a torrent on a workmate who I hate (those of who know my workmates should be able to work out that one - eh Stuie...)
* got cut, by choice - pix to follow at some point as the lovely brunette bit was there with my camera in hand
* watching the metal show from Sat morning, pretty crap until we hit a trilogy of beauty: Naglfar, Satyricon and Dimmu Borgir. What is it about the Norwegian/Swedish death metal scene that makes it so good? I've thought about this abit, and the excellent documentary 'Metal: a headbangers journal' (which I think is still playing at Paramount) touches on it. My feeling is it that rather than being overly influenced by the thrash metal of the US and Sth American bands, the Scandanavians developed from a hard metal heritage of Europe, which has led to more tune based metal. The Norwegian/Swedish bands are happy to use keyboards and run longer songs - a progressive element to their metal.

B xx

2 comments:

Chris said...

Lordi for teh win! :-)

What did you get cut?

Scarlet Dux said...

His shoulder - tasteful, delicate - like the petal himself.

S.