23 September 2007

Blogs that have amused me today

I'm spending the morning watching rugger, stayed up for the SA v Tonga game (damm that was good) while chatting to F in the UK. Thanks to my RSS and Patrick here's some fun stuff to read.

Stephen Fry - is a technie gadget boy (yeah *that* Stephen Fry) and comments (at length) about PDAs and iPhones. It starts with:
YOU might, somewhere along the way, have picked up the impression that I am a passionate Mac advocate: I bought my first 128K machine in 1984, the second Macintosh to be sold in the UK - at least so I’ve always maintained and believed (the first went to the still desperately missed Douglas Adams) and I have never had fewer than ten working Macs on the go since the late 80s. However it is also a good reasonably unbiased critique of many of these things - which to this point I haven't been impressed with enough to look seriously at.

And from StephenF a description of the frustration of buying a Windows laptop from one of the major retailers. And I do so empathise with him having had to try and recover crap from people laptops. Windows does run beautifully on my Macs here, fast, all the drivers work. I don't use it much, but some of my DNA software requires it. Although I've switched from the chronically unstable Mega 3.1 to CLC FreeBench which is MacOS based and very lovely.

Annoyed by the Samoans inabilty to deliver on their promise, and the Namibians don't look good. The Argies on the other hand seem to be a lot better than the rating they came into the tournament with.

B xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was surprised at the Samoa/England result myself. (Although my divided loyalties mean not entirely disappointed)

The real hurt starts this afternoon though.... I think I might watch from behind the sofa.

N

Chris said...

Stephen Fry has a blog! There goes several hours of my time...