4 May 2008

Sunday

So I'm writing, I managed to get in before the jazz show on Active started. And it was good and I was productive. And now it's the Americana show, and they've started with two tracks from Once Upon a Time in the West (Morricone). Oh baby. yeah. And just to pop any remaining cherry, it's from vinyl. 

Did Nancy Sinatra record anything else other than Bang Bang and These Boots? You wouldn't think so given what gets played everywhere. Oh well, I guess I should be used to that what with Marillion and their stereotyping by *that* track.

Americana show finished now, had coffee with Blonde-the-younger who dropped in. Back to looking at pictures.

me x

1 comment:

michael said...

Yeah, Nancy did at least one pretty damn decent album featuring neither of those songs - Nancy & Lee, with 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' songwriter Lee Hazelwood... His version of that song is pretty crazy too, if you can find it. He goes all meta half way through, starts commenting on the recording session of Nancy's version, who was involved, what they each thought of the song and basically their surprise when it became a cross over hit.